Turn your game into a rich sound experience with the PinWoofer KOP Spike 2 Super Kit. The PinWoofer system delivers exceptional tonal quality and unprecedented clarity of call-outs, sound effects, and music. Add presence to your title and unlock the true potential of the audio track. Industry leading speakers- the absolute best pinball speakers available. Easy to install, incredible results
Speakers and Mounting Rings:
- 8" cabinet speaker:
- PinWoofer Label PW-8,-8in, Dual Voice Coil, 400W MAX,2Ohm cabinet woofer. This speaker runs two voice coils in parallel for maximum power transfer to the driver.
- Unprecedented bass response featuring an industry high, 91.5dB sensitivity rating
- Rigid, 8" PVC injection molded Woofer Mounting Ring with hardware to provide maximum coupling to the enclosure
- 5.25" backbox speakers
- Pinwoofer Label PW-525, 5.25", 40W RMS/200W MAX Coaxial speaker pair
- Industry leading 1" Silk Dome Tweeter for ultra-smooth response
- PinWoofer 5.25" mounting ring pair with hardware
PinWoofer Knockout (aka KOP) Amplifier:
- Single-sided input
- 2.1 amplification sections- 50Wx50W backbox and x100W Cabinet final stage*
- Adjustable bass cutoff frequency
- Adjustable cabinet bass level
- Adjustable backbox volume
- Treble adjustment
- Pro level line-out for external monitor, streaming or powered subwoofer
- PinWoofer Line Output Board:
- Plug and play audio board- converts audio out to compatible amplifier input
- PinWoofer Power Board
- Plug and play power board- dedicated power source with no splitter or other power-sharing solution needed
- PinWoofer Platform Harness Pack
- Plug and play harness to interconnect all components effortlessly
The PinWoofer Amplifier mounting bracket (included) is popular and functional and allows you to remove and replace the amplifier to a fixed location, as you may occasionally remove the amplifier and place it on the playfield glass to make adjustments. The bracket is secure enough to allow you to transport your machine without removing the amplifier. Please specify in your order notes if you want a color other than black.
NOTE: 15% of customers require a ground loop isolator (not included). Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) can introduce unwanted audible noise (whine, hum or buzz) into your PinWoofer system. EMI noise is a result of poor power supply or grounding conditions outside of the PinWoofer System or can be introduced by other pinball MODs.
Consider these great upgrades (select one of the three for your kit)!
Optional Line Trimmer:
Optional Bass Boost Unit (BBU):The BBU provides volume and cutoff frequency controls at the coin door location. Aside from the features, there are two additional considerations.
- It is strongly recommended that you purchase the PinWoofer Line Trimmer if you use an external subwoofer, streaming device, etc. The Line Trimmer allows you to reduce the amplifier output signal level and can prevent the inputs of your external device from seeing an overload condition. Option includes i) one Line Trimmer Unit, ii) one 3ft, 3.5mm TRS Male to 3.5mm TRS Male Stereo Cable, iii) one 12ft 3.5mm TRS Male to RCA Male Stereo Cable and iv) Adhesive Double Sticky Mounting Pad.
- Specify when adding to your cart if you would like to add a line trimmer to your order.
Optional Coin Door Unit (CDU):
- First, add more input signal to the external and it will get louder. A speaker tap routed to the popular PSW10 or equivalent may not provide a strong signal so this gadget can potentially improve that and give you more intensity / better utilize the power of the external.
- Second, bass quality. The BBU roll-off is quite steep (~35dB / decade above ωc) so the result is some filtering of unwanted high bass that might otherwise originate from a speaker tap, of which the input filtering of the external sub is likely not able to fully remove. So, the BBU provides an additional screening out of unwanted higher bass frequencies so it should not be surprising that the result is a "purification" so to speak, of the bass signal provided to the external and less energy is wasted on the high bass area.
The CDU functions with or without a PinWoofer Amplifier and provides the following features:
Machine & Headphone Volume Control
3.5mm Headphone Jack
External Subwoofer Bass Cutoff Frequency Control
External Subwoofer Volume Control
External Service Menu Buttons
Average maximum amplifier power in application can be approximated by taking the product of the MAX power rating per channel and 1/(√2*1.5).